Explaining CPC training
A driver CPC course is needed by anyone planning on driving a vehicle over 3.5-tonnes or with nine passenger seats or more professionally, or for a hire and reward service.
We have a wide range of CPC courses available for you to book online now, both classroom and online training on offer.
How to complete your Periodic CPC, and who needs it?
Periodic CPC Training is required by any drivers who passed their Category B (car) driving test before January 1997 and want to start professionally driving an LGV. Additionally, you will require periodic driver training if you:
- Passed your practical HGV driving test before September 2009.
- Passed your practical PCV test before September 2008
- Have previously held a CPC entitlement for the relevant driving licence category.
Our Periodic CPC courses can be completed in 7-hour increments to equal the full 35-hours required, or you can complete all 35 hours in one week with training being split across 5 days. The 35 hours of periodic training is required to be completed every 5-years while your current Driver CPC is valid, there is no pass or fail element to these tests.
What courses do we offer?
Here at 2 Start Training, we offer a variety of CPC courses to suit your needs. We offer qualifications for those that need full training and also the refresher course. We also offer courses that are more suitable depending on when you passed your car test. The CPC courses we offer include:
- Online Driver CPC 1-Day Course
- Online Driver CPC 5-Day Course
- Classroom Based Drivers CPC 1-Day Course
- Classroom Based Drivers CPC Full 5-Day Course
- Module 2 Theory
- Module 2 Theory Revision
- Module 4 Training and Practical Test
We also have a variety of logistic and driver training courses available for you to book online!