The Independent Training Standards Scheme & Register
Also known as Independent Training Standards Scheme & Register, ITSSAR is the accrediting body for workplace transport. They have vast experience in mechanical handling equipment. ITSSAR aim to improve training standards & safety regarding the operation of industrial operating trucks.
ITSSAR are well versed in theoretical and practical skills. These skills are required to operate mechanical operating equipment safely and securely.
Benefits of this accreditation include
- Low costs, industry driven scheme
- Access to information that will assist you in maintaining standards of training far beyond the required minimum.
- Inclusion in the ITSSAR Directory.
- Access to training aides and literature.
- A secure complaints procedure available.
- Independently monitored activities.
- All instructor registrations are verifiable by certificate and identity card which include a photograph for recognition and security.
The list continues further, which you can view on the ITSSAR website.
Our Forklift training courses at our Portsmouth, Reading and Southampton depots are ITSSAR accredited. This also includes our forklift instructor training. It is advised that you refresh your training every 3-5 years. Although, there is no expiration relating to the ITSSAR certification.