Transport & Warehouse Operations Supervisor (level 3) Apprenticeship
This course is suited to employees working in the Transport, Logistics & Warehousing sectors. This include individuals working for hauliers, storage & warehouse operators, couriers, retailers & utilities.
What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are an excellent opportunity to train new staff or upskill your current workforce to high industry standards. The scheme is tailored to the industry sector for which the standards are prepared and encourages trainees and employers to make use of government funding to achieve excellent results and long-lasting careers.
What does it mean for my business?
Apprenticeships mean that employers can train new staff members or enrol their current staff members onto the programme and the road the qualification with a minimum cost.
What Funding is Available for my business?
Government funding is available to cover up to 100% of the cost of training. Employers are grouped into “levy payers” and “non-levy payers”. If your payroll is over £3mil, then the government will use the money in the apprenticeships levy which you already pay. Apprenticeships are free for levy-paying employers or a 5% contribution for non-levy-paying employers, this is £250 for the Urban Driver (ST1025) course or just £400 for our C+E or Warehouse Operative courses (ST0257 or ST0259). – the remaining 95% is covered by the government.
When Does this scheme start?
The scheme has already been in place for a number of years, and you can enrol staff immediately.
How many Apprentices can I take on?
There is no limit on how many staff members can be enrolled as apprentices, but there are a few eligibility requirements they would need to meet dependent on which programme they are undertaking.
What do I need to pay?
The only payment needed is a 5% contribution for non-levy-paying employers, this is £250 for the Urban Driver (ST1025) course or just £400 for our C+E or Warehouse Operative courses (ST0257 or ST0259) and the agreed wage to the apprentice. Everything else is covered.
Who can Apply (Company)?
There are no specific requirements for this. Both limited companies and those working as sole traders can be involved in the scheme. But the apprentice will need to be working alongside other skilled workers as they get shown the ropes of their new career.
Benefits of taking on an Apprentice
The benefits of making use of the apprenticeship scheme can’t be understated – The scheme is designed with professionalism and development at the heart of all that the apprentice does. Through key communication between the training provider and employer, the parties work together throughout the programme to ensure that the apprentice develops the skills needed to work effectively and safely in the industry.
The 2021 apprenticeships evaluation (employers research report) revealed the following about employers who has made use of the scheme:
Is my Business Eligible?
If you are a registered company in the UK or a sole trader you are able to benefit from either of these schemes.
To take on an apprentice the employer must be able to provide:
Working alongside experienced staff to gain the knowledge they need.
- An apprenticeship term of at least 12 months.
- Specific apprenticeship programmes may have slightly longer terms. Such as Level 2 C+E which is set at 13 months.
- At least the apprenticeship minimum wage.
- (The agreed wage is a matter between the employer and the apprentice, but must meet the minimum laid down as the National Minimum and National Living wage)
- Employers’ liability insurance
- The same entitlements as a full-time employee
What are the next steps?
The next step is to arrange a discovery call-back or an email with our apprenticeships team to arrange a meeting to explain the relevant programme and how it all works.