Our courses run from 08.15 – 16.30 daily.
- Mondays are always – Driver Essentials
- Tuesdays are always – Driving Principles
- Wednesdays are always – Emergency First Aid & Health and Safety
- Thursdays are always – Mental Health, Wellbeing & Driver Behaviour
- Fridays are always – Vehicle Defects & Driver Licencing
Book online today
Driver CPC Online Training
Here at 2 Start we offer both Periodic and Initial CPC training courses.
Normally courses are held in our classrooms at one of our depots across the South Coast. However, since the change towards social distancing requirements, we introduced the opportunity to deliver our courses virtually as a CPC online course.
Students will need access to either a laptop, computer, phone or tablet with a camera, microphone and steady reliable internet access.
Once students have enrolled on the course they will be sent guidelines on how to set up, install and use Zoom. This will allow students to see and hear our course instructor deliver the course. This will also ensure we are able to see students.
If time and attention are not being given to the course by the participant the instructor reserves the right to remove them from the course and no DCPC hours will be accredited.
Before the course starts you will need to provide us with your driving licence number and once the course is complete we will log your CPC hours as normal.
The HGV CPC Courses that we offer are as follows;
- Driver Essentials – By the end of this course, students will be able to answer questions on how long they are legally allowed to drive, the correct use of a tachograph and be aware of the working limits under the working time directive.
- Driving Principles – On completion of this course students will be able to demonstrate a greater awareness of vulnerable road users, operating vehicles within their limits and the penalties that can be issued for noncompliance.
- Emergency First Aid & Health and Safety – At the end of this course students will be able to demonstrate what action should be taken when confronted with someone requiring emergency first aid treatment. Students will successfully be able to identify different types of illnesses and provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Smart Motorways – Students will learn the different types of Smart motorways and their safety design features. Signs and signals and the appreciation of how technology enables traffic flow will also be covered. Students will understand how driving attitude affects road safety. They will be able to evaluate the hazards involved in Smart Motorway driving by becoming familiar with the techniques and skills to avoid collisions and understand how weather affects driving conditions.
- Mental health, well-being & Driver Behaviour – The course teaches about the importance of good mental health. It focuses on some mental health conditions that may be encountered and what to look for.
You will then go on to look at other general areas of Well-being, for example, the importance of healthy eating, including the way these impact driving behaviour. This will include how to protect yourself in road rage incidents.
- Vehicle Defects & Driver Licencing – By the end of this course students will be able to identify the types of checks that drivers need to complete on their vehicles. They will also be able to identify the main features of the driver’s licence and understand the licence coding system. Students should also be able to answer questions on safe and fuel-efficient driving and understand techniques involved in reducing fuel consumption.
Each of the above 1-day courses will contribute towards your 35 hours of CPC training required every 5 years as a professional driver for hire & reward.
Online Driver CPC 1-Day course availability
Our Online Driver CPC 1-Day Course has a variety of training dates for you to choose from, with a variety of CPC modules available! We are continuously adding new availabilities for this course.
See what our students have to say!
2 Start Ltd (Portsmouth), Unit 4 Shawcross Industrial Estate, Ackworth Road, Hilsea, Portsmouth, PO3 5HU
Call: 02392 123555
2 Start Ltd (Theale), Site C The Quarry, Deans Copse Road, Theale, RG7 4GZ
Call: 01184 021 861
2 Start Ltd (Southampton), Unit 2 Four Dells Farm, Poles Lane, Otterbourne, Winchester, SO21 2DY
Call: 02382 022975
2 Start Ltd (Reading), Unit 32 Youngs Industrial Estate, Paices Hill, Reading, RG7 4PW
Call: 01184 021861
2 Start Ltd (Worthing), The Vinery Ind Est, Unit 54 & 55, Poling, Worthing, BN18 9PY
Call: 01903 952410
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get all the latest updates, last minute cancellations and offers.
Sign up for our newsletters and receive periodic updates and industry news, changes to licence & operator legislation, updates about the training courses, last-minute cancellations and offers.