Forklift training courses are all conducted under our accrediting body; ITSSAR (the Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register). Being a part of ITSSAR ensures only the highest quality of training and testing; and helps us to ensure that you have everything you need before you go to work.
Regulations require all employers to take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of their employees, but courts are always going assign liability to managers and companies who fail to ensure their workers have been correctly trained and hold the appropriate certification.
Telehandler training courses with 2 Start are all ITSSAR accredited and ideal for anyone looking to be fully trained and competent in the operation and use of a telehandler rough terrain vehicle for events, festivals or farmland requirements on private land.
Our Telehandler training covers the 3 core types of rough terrain vehicles including J1 Fixed Mast, J2 Telescopic up to 9M reach, and J3 Telescopic over 9M reach.
Each course is specific to the type of vehicle and will cover the following topics:
- Show & tell to help the new operator Identify all controls of the Machine.
- What steps should be taken to carry out routine maintenance.
- What to do when undertaking the pre-start checks.
- The correct steps needed to Inspect the vehicle and comment on serviceability.
- How to operate the rough terrain machine safely, along with how to load and unload.
- How to manoeuvre the J1, J2 or J3 vehicle within a confined space.
- What to consider and how to operate the vehicle when operating at heights.
- How to operate the vehicle under different driving conditions.
These cover the key areas our courses look to cover along with further areas our skilled instructors feel are required on a per-course basis as some students learn faster than others and some are more advanced.
Each course adapts to the requirements of the students while ensuring all the core competencies are covered for the best preparation for their test.
We supply Novice, Experienced Operator and Refresher courses on J1 Fixed Mast, J2 Telescopic up to 9m and J3 Telescopic over 9m category vehicles.
We also offer conversion courses on all of our rough terrain vehicles.
The length of your rough terrain training will completely depend on your individual requirements as well as which one of our courses you decide to complete.
2 Start’s Forklift Truck Training Instructors are qualified to teach and examine on a staggering 22 industrial groups; encompassing all manner of machines from pedestrian pallet trucks, all the way through to telescopic masted rough terrain trucks.
We offer rough terrain forklift training in a variety of locations, if you are wanting to book a rough terrain course contact our team now on 02392 123555.