These Bootcamps are in place to introduce up to 5,000 new drivers into the logistics and haulage industry. These programs will help combat skill shortages and encourage more people to start a new career within the logistics sector.
This article will go into more detail on HGV Skills Bootcamps and answer any questions that you may have.
Who is eligible?
In order to be able to attend an HGV Skills Bootcamp, you will need:
- To be aged 19 or over.
- To be employed, self-employed, recently become unemployed (last 12 months), or are returning to work after a break.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
There are also additional eligibility criteria, which you will need to check with your Skills Bootcamp provider.
Do I need previous experience?
There are courses that are suitable for all varying levels of experience or skills with courses catering for:
- Those with limited/no previous experience.
- Those wanting additional HGV qualifications such as ADR.
- Those wanting to upgrade from CAT C to C+E licence.
- Those who are returning to HGV driving.
How much do Skill Bootcamps cost?
Those who are eligible to take part in the programs will not have to pay for their training.
What will I learn in my course?
These courses will teach candidates on all training, testing, and support required to ensure someone who only has experience in operating a car (Category B) licence will be ready to drive an HGV on the road.
For more information on HGV Skills Bootcamps and how you can apply to take part, click the link below or visit the Gov.uk website.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!