The Gold package includes the following:
- D2 licence application and D4 medical forms – The D2 form is to apply for your provisional licence and the D4 is completed by the doctor when you have your medical. Assistance in completing these can also be given.
- Medical – Booked for you locally at a convenient time.
- Theory revision issued – A login will be issued so you can start to revise your theory tests on our online revision site.
- Multiple Choice, Hazard Perception and initial CPC (if applicable) theory tests booked – These will be booked at your local theory test centre at a time convenient to you. These can be booked individually or all 3 together.
- Pass protection Theory test. If either the Hazard Perception or Multiple Choice Theory Tests are failed, you will be given an additional attempt with no extra charge.
- 35 hours of Cat C+E training including the 3a and 3b driving tests
- Module 4 CPC Practical training and test or 35 hours of periodic CPC Training
- Pass Protection (3a off-road exercise test) – Should you be unsuccessful on your 3a reversing test you have one additional attempt before your 3b driving test date.
- Pass Protection (3b Driving test) – Should you be unsuccessful on your first 3b driving test you have one additional attempt with 1.5 hours of training beforehand
Book online today
This course includes 35 hours of category C+E driver training including the 3a and 3b driving tests
Initial Driver CPC (Module 2 & 4)
The initial CPC is required if you wish to drive a vehicle for commercial purposes also known as hire & reward, meaning you are paid to drive.
If you are applying for an LGV (Lorry Licence) or a PCV (Bus Licence) after September 2009 you will be required to complete the initial CPC (module 2 & module 4) as part of the licence acquisition process.
There are two separate tests:
This is a theory test conducted at your local theory test centre. It is a “case study” theory and you will have 75 minutes to complete this test.
The initial CPC is a practical ‘show me – tell me’ test conducted at our training centres by our own DVSA approved MOD 4 examiners.
On the day of your test, you will receive 2.5 hours of training beforehand which will cover all elements of the practical test.
The test is 20 to 30 minutes long and covers questions in the following areas; daily walk-around checks, the ability to prevent physical risk, loading and the security of loads, keeping the vehicle secure, emergency procedures, loaded vehicle dynamics, border crossings, and security procedures.
This encompasses a wide range of situations typically encountered by drivers and is covered in full by our instructors. Both Passenger Vehicles and Goods Vehicles Initial CPC courses can be completed at 2 Start.?
Our Fast Track Gold Package course can be completed at all our training centres which include depots in Portsmouth, Southampton, Reading and Worthing.
Each one of our training depots has industry-leading training facilities such as dedicated reversing areas to help ensure you have the best experience possible and to give you the best chance at passing your LGV 1 driving test.
You will be taught by one of our highly experienced and professional LGV 1 instructors who are completely dedicated to ensuring you have all the skills, knowledge, and confidence that you need to be successful in passing your LGV 1 driving test.
Our vehicles are new LF DAFs and have automatic gearboxes and all the modern features you would expect to see on today’s trucks. This will give you the experience of the type of vehicles you would be expected to drive once you have passed your test.
Our training is taught on a 1:1 instructor-trainee ratio which helps ensure you get a high level of dedicated training.
Possible Test Questions
There are several potential questions that your examiner could ask you when completing your cat c test, click on the link below to see which questions you could be asked:
See what our students have to say!
2 Start Ltd (Portsmouth), Unit 4 Shawcross Industrial Estate, Ackworth Road, Hilsea, Portsmouth, PO3 5HU
Call: 02392 123555
2 Start Ltd (Theale), Site C The Quarry, Deans Copse Road, Theale, RG7 4GZ
Call: 01184 021 861
2 Start Ltd (Southampton), Unit 2 Four Dells Farm, Poles Lane, Otterbourne, Winchester, SO21 2DY
Call: 02382 022975
2 Start Ltd (Reading), Unit 32 Youngs Industrial Estate, Paices Hill, Reading, RG7 4PW
Call: 01184 021861
2 Start Ltd (Worthing), The Vinery Ind Est, Unit 54 & 55, Poling, Worthing, BN18 9PY
Call: 01903 952410
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get all the latest updates, last minute cancellations and offers.
Sign up for our newsletters and receive periodic updates and industry news, changes to licence & operator legislation, updates about the training courses, last-minute cancellations and offers.