National and International Combined CPC Qualification
The examination structure will be:
- 2 hour multi-format response (multiple choice, inputting missing information and indicating answers on a diagram if relevant) exam with 40 questions requiring a 70% pass mark
Additional information advisable for download:
Book online today
Road Haulage- Multiple choice Exam only
A closed book assessment, meaning no supporting resource is admissible during the assessment. The objective is to test basic recall, analysis, and evaluation of core knowledge across the specification.
This multiple-choice question format of assessment can be used to assess both the lower and upper cognitive ability of a Learner against the learning outcomes.
CILT(UK) qualification specifications and associated materials are offered in English only. All assessment responses must be in English only.
The paper will last for 2 hours.
The pass mark for this multiple-choice exam is of 28 marks out of 40.
To achieve the CILT(UK) Level 3 Certificate of Professional Competence for Transport Managers (Road Haulage) Learners will need to pass both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
If either Paper 1 or Paper 2 is not achieved in one sitting a resit for that Paper only will be required.
CPC National and International Courses
The Goods Vehicles (Licensing of Operators) Act 1995 was designed to implement EC Directives 96/26EC and subordinate legislation with regard to the occupation of road haulage and passenger operations.
The regulations state that an operator who seeks a standard National or International Licence MUST satisfy the Licensing Authority that he/she is either professionally competent or employs someone as a transport manager who is professionally competent and is of good repute.
This course has been designed to raise awareness of the Transport Managers’ responsibilities with regard to the demanding requirements of road transport legislation and to help protect your operator’s licence and maintain a healthy Operator Compliance Risk Score.
Operator Licence Compliance
Covering the ongoing management of an Operator licence to assist in:
- Having a better understanding of the principles underpinning the O Licence System
- Having a clear understanding of the level of commitment and activity needed to create effective management control systems
- Being able to clarify requirements to other staff, either superiors or reportees
- Being in a position to contribute cost-effective, practical solutions regarding compliance in this area
- Understanding how the OCRS system works and how can have a positive effect on this score
- Knowing where to go for follow-up advice and guidance
- Understanding their role in and other colleagues’ role in managing the O Licence
- Being up-to-date with the latest changes in legislation
Drivers Hours Compliance
Drivers’ hours law including: permitted driving limits; driving breaks rules; daily and weekly rest requirements.
Working Time Directive and Road Transport Directive. We give an overview of the directives: who they affect, what activities constitute working time and how breaks need to be taken
Tachograph Rules (Analogue & Digital) and Record Keeping for Drivers
Companies will need to be familiar with both traditional analogue and digital systems and how to integrate them to avoid falling foul of the regulations. Topics covered include:
- Analogue Tachographs: trace identification; centre-field requirements; hand written entries
- Digital tachograph: makes of digital tachograph; Drivers/Company Workshop and Control Cards; operational modes; manual entries; UTC Time; logging on and off; pictograms; using and understanding printouts
- Mixed Tachograph Work
- Exemptions – which operations are exempt from tachograph regulations, including Domestic Rules
- Systems for filing and storage of charts
- Understanding tachograph analysis (if applicable)
- Analogue chart retention
Advising managers on best practice regarding the frequency of these checks and when to notify the Traffic Commissioner of any infringements committed by vocational licence holders.
Advising managers on best practice regarding driver disciplinary issues.
Maintenance and Traffic Regulations
Offering Transport Managers advice regarding best practice in devising: a daily defect reporting system; maintenance schedules; the recording and monitoring of vehicle inspections and scheduling tachograph calibrations inspections
To book this Transport managers CPC refresher course call the office on 02392 123 555.
See what our students have to say!
2 Start Ltd (Portsmouth), Unit 4 Shawcross Industrial Estate, Ackworth Road, Hilsea, Portsmouth, PO3 5HU
Call: 02392 123555
2 Start Ltd (Theale), Site C The Quarry, Deans Copse Road, Theale, RG7 4GZ
Call: 01184 021 861
2 Start Ltd (Southampton), Unit 2 Four Dells Farm, Poles Lane, Otterbourne, Winchester, SO21 2DY
Call: 02382 022975
2 Start Ltd (Reading), Unit 32 Youngs Industrial Estate, Paices Hill, Reading, RG7 4PW
Call: 01184 021861
2 Start Ltd (Worthing), The Vinery Ind Est, Unit 54 & 55, Poling, Worthing, BN18 9PY
Call: 01903 952410
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get all the latest updates, last minute cancellations and offers.
Sign up for our newsletters and receive periodic updates and industry news, changes to licence & operator legislation, updates about the training courses, last-minute cancellations and offers.