This is a 1-day course and is ideal for candidates who have completed training on a Moffett forklift but their certification has just expired or is about to expire. On the first day of training, you will be required to show all previous forklift certification that you have gained.
When you have completed your training, there are three tests that you need to complete; a theory test, a pre-use inspection test and the practical skills test. All of these tests need to be passed in order to obtain your operator card and certificate.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with an ITSSAR accredited certificate and licence card.
Book online today
Moffett Course Details
Drivers who already hold an LGV licence can expand their skills by acquiring a Vehicle Mounted Forklift Certificate, commonly known as a Moffett Mounty.
This qualification enables drivers to carry a forklift attached to the rear of their truck which enables them to load and unload themselves.
What is a Moffett forklift?
A Moffett truck is a truck-mounted forklift. It can perform a number of tasks that regular forklifts can, such as carrying loads, but it is light enough that it can be transported on the back of a truck. A major advantage of using a Moffett truck is that it can save money and time as you won’t need to pay to deliver a forklift, as well as the products.
This course is available to be completed at our Portsmouth training depot.
Additionally, this course can be completed on one of your sites, using your equipment. The areas that we cover include; Portsmouth, Chichester, Fareham, Southampton, Eastleigh, Romsey, Reading, Newbury, Crawley, Basingstoke, Brighton and Worthing. The benefit of completing training at your site, using your equipment is that the students get to train on the machines that they will be using regularly.
Facilities Required on your site
If you want training to be carried out on one of your sites, using your equipment then there are some requirements that you need to meet. You must have a training room that is suitable for the number of delegates participating and have a sufficient amount of practical training space for assessments and testing to be completed. Also, candidates will be required to wear PPE as per the company’s internal risk assessments.
Click the link to read our Facilities and Equipment Requirements Guide for more information on how you can complete training on your site. Facilities and Equipment Requirements Guide.
Our Moffett Refresher course is taught on a ratio of:
1 Truck : 3 Candidates : 1 Instructor
This can be lowered to meet requirements, which can decrease the duration of your course.
On completion of Moffett Refresher training, the course members will:
- Be able to operate the truck model used in training safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook and accepted good practice.
- Be able to attach the truck to a carrying vehicle and detach it form a carrying vehicle safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers handbook and instructions and the relevant road traffic legislation.
- Clearly understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads
- Be able to carry a routine pre-use inspection of the truck
- Introduction to the truck to be used
- Controls and instruments
- Starting, moving & stopping the truck
- Steering the truck
- Operation of the hydraulic controls
- Pre-use inspection and takeover maintenance
- Weight assessment
- Handling pallets/containers/bulk packs/loads associated with the industry in which the truck is operating
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Driving and operating over rough terrain
- Road vehicle loading and unloading
- Stacking and destacking
- Attaching truck to and detaching truck from the carrying vehicle
See what our students have to say!
2 Start Ltd (Portsmouth), Unit 4 Shawcross Industrial Estate, Ackworth Road, Hilsea, Portsmouth, PO3 5HU
Call: 02392 123555
2 Start Ltd (Theale), Site C The Quarry, Deans Copse Road, Theale, RG7 4GZ
Call: 01184 021 861
2 Start Ltd (Southampton), Unit 2 Four Dells Farm, Poles Lane, Otterbourne, Winchester, SO21 2DY
Call: 02382 022975
2 Start Ltd (Reading), Unit 32 Youngs Industrial Estate, Paices Hill, Reading, RG7 4PW
Call: 01184 021861
2 Start Ltd (Worthing), The Vinery Ind Est, Unit 54 & 55, Poling, Worthing, BN18 9PY
Call: 01903 952410
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get all the latest updates, last minute cancellations and offers.
Sign up for our newsletters and receive periodic updates and industry news, changes to licence & operator legislation, updates about the training courses, last-minute cancellations and offers.