Drivers who already hold an LGV licence can expand their skills by acquiring a Vehicle Mounted Forklift Certificate, commonly known as a Moffett Mounty.
This qualification enables drivers to carry a forklift attached to the rear of their truck which enables them to load and unload themselves.
We are able to offer this course at our Portsmouth depot.
Additionally, this course can be completed on one of your sites, using your equipment. The areas that we cover include; Portsmouth, Chichester, Fareham, Southampton, Eastleigh, Romsey, Reading, Newbury, Crawley, Basingstoke, Brighton and Worthing.
Facilities Required on your site:
If you wish to complete training on one of your sites, using your equipment then there are some requirements that you need to meet. You must have a training room that is suitable for the number of students participating and have a sufficient amount of practical training space for assessments and testing to be completed. Also, candidates will be required to wear PPE as per the company’s internal risk assessments.
Click the link to read our Facilities and Equipment Requirements Guide for more information on how you can complete training on your site. Facilities and Equipment Requirements Guide.
Course length could be adjusted depending on how many other students are on the same course, see below for timescales.
3 Days if 1:1 with our instructor.
4 Days if 2:1 with our instructor.
5 Days if 3:1 with our instructor.
1 Truck : 3 Candidates : 1 Instructor
This can be lowered to meet specific requirements, which can decrease the duration of your course.
On completion of training, the course members will:
- Be able to operate the truck model used in training safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook and accepted good practice.
- Be able to attach the truck to a carrying vehicle and detach it form a carrying vehicle safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers handbook and instructions and the relevant road traffic legislation.
- Clearly understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads
- Be able to carry a routine pre-use inspection of the truck
- Introduction to the truck to be used
- Controls and instruments
- Starting, moving & stopping the truck
- Steering the truck
- Operation of the hydraulic controls
- Pre-use inspection and takeover maintenance
- Weight assessment
- Handling pallets/containers/bulk packs/loads associated with the industry in which the truck is operating
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Driving and operating over rough terrain
- Road vehicle loading and unloading
- Stacking and destacking
- Attaching truck to and detaching truck from the carrying vehicle