This course is typically completed in 3-days and includes both theory and practical training. This course is ideal for candidates who have never had any formal Moffett Forklift training or for those who have operated a Moffett before and their certificate has expired or been lost.
Once training has been completed, there are three tests to complete; a theory test, a pre-use inspection test and the practical skills test. Each of these needs to be passed to be successful in obtaining your operator card and certificate.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with an ITSSAR accredited certificate and licence card.
Course length could be shortened if the course is not booked at full capacity.
Book online today
Moffett Course Details
Drivers who already hold an LGV licence can expand their skills by acquiring a Vehicle Mounted Forklift Certificate, commonly known as a Moffett Mounty.
This qualification enables drivers to carry a forklift attached to the rear of their truck which enables them to load and unload themselves.
This course is available to be completed at our Portsmouth depot.
Additionally, this course is available to be completed on one of your sites, using your equipment. This allows the students to practice their skills on the machines that they will be operating regularly. The areas that we cover include; Portsmouth, Fareham, Chichester, Southampton, Romsey, Eastleigh, Reading, Crawley, Newbury, Basingstoke, Worthing and Brighton.
Facilities Required on your site
If you wish for training to be completed on one of your sites, using your equipment, there are a few requirements that you need to meet. You must have a training room that is suitable for the number of candidates participating and a sufficient amount of practical training space so that assessments and testing can be completed. Also, delegates will be required to wear PPE as per the company’s internal risk assessments.
Click the link to read our Facilities and Equipment Requirements Guide for more information on how you can complete training on your site. Facilities and Equipment Requirements Guide.
Course length could be adjusted depending on how many other students are on the same course, see below for timescales.
2 Days if 1:1 or 2:1 with our instructor.
3 Days of 3:1 with our instructor.
1 Truck : 3 Candidates : 1 Instructor
This can be lowered if required, which can decrease the duration of your course.
On completion of our Moffett Experienced Operators training, the course members will:
- Be able to operate the truck model used in training safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook and accepted good practice.
- Be able to attach the truck to a carrying vehicle and detach it form a carrying vehicle safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers handbook and instructions and the relevant road traffic legislation.
- Clearly understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads
- Be able to carry a routine pre-use inspection of the truck
- Introduction to the truck to be used
- Controls and instruments
- Starting, moving & stopping the truck
- Steering the truck
- Operation of the hydraulic controls
- Pre-use inspection and takeover maintenance
- Weight assessment
- Handling pallets/containers/bulk packs/loads associated with the industry in which the truck is operating
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Driving and operating over rough terrain
- Road vehicle loading and unloading
- Stacking and destacking
- Attaching truck to and detaching truck from the carrying vehicle
See what our students have to say!
2 Start Ltd (Portsmouth), Unit 4 Shawcross Industrial Estate, Ackworth Road, Hilsea, Portsmouth, PO3 5HU
Call: 02392 123555
2 Start Ltd (Theale), Site C The Quarry, Deans Copse Road, Theale, RG7 4GZ
Call: 01184 021 861
2 Start Ltd (Southampton), Unit 2 Four Dells Farm, Poles Lane, Otterbourne, Winchester, SO21 2DY
Call: 02382 022975
2 Start Ltd (Reading), Unit 32 Youngs Industrial Estate, Paices Hill, Reading, RG7 4PW
Call: 01184 021861
2 Start Ltd (Worthing), The Vinery Ind Est, Unit 54 & 55, Poling, Worthing, BN18 9PY
Call: 01903 952410
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get all the latest updates, last minute cancellations and offers.
Sign up for our newsletters and receive periodic updates and industry news, changes to licence & operator legislation, updates about the training courses, last-minute cancellations and offers.