For those candidates who are looking to complete their Initial Driver CPC Qualification, there are two sections that need to be complete, being Module 2 and Module 4.
Mod 4 is a practical test where drivers must show various operations for a lorry driver, other than driving. The things that you can be tested on include safety loading the vehicle, prevention of trafficking illegal immigrants, emergency situation assessment, and a full vehicle safety check.
The test is 20-30 minutes in duration and will cover questions in the following:
- Daily walk-around checks.
- Ability to prevent physical risk.
- Loading and security of loads.
- Keeping the vehicle secure.
- Emergency procedures.
- Loaded vehicle dynamics.
- Border crossings.
- Security procedures.
How much does MOD 4 CPC cost?
The Mod 4 courses that we offer here at 2 Start Training cost £320.00.
Drivers will need Module 4 CPC if they:
- Qualified for their LGV after 10th September 2009.
- Qualified for their PCV after 10th September 2008.
Additionally, those drivers who passed:
- Their CAT B (car) test before 1st January 1997 do not require the initial CPC for Large Goods Vehicles.
- Their CAT B (car) test before 1st January 1997 do still require the initial CPC for Passenger Vehicles.
Where can you complete MOD 4 training?
Our Mod 4 courses are available for you to complete at three of our training depots which include locations in Portsmouth, Southampton and Reading.