RP Meats Wholesale LTD are a great company to work for and we have permanent opportunity for a driver to become part of the logistics department in our Brighton depot.
We’re a leading wholesale meat distributor covering the south of the UK, the preferred supplier for over 250 customers and our business is growing at a rapid pace.
What does this mean for you?
You can expect an excellent working environment, job security, fantastic development opportunities, and an excellent salary and benefits package. Not only this, but being a multi-drop role, it will help you keep fit as you’re often out of the cab, meeting customers, and being the face of our business to so many people.
Currently seeking a Class 2 HGV Driver in Brighton. The successful candidate will possess a current and valid CPC, Class 2 HGV Licence and will preferable have HGV Class 2 driving experience. Heavy lifting required so candidate must be physically fit.
Standard working week of ~45 hours. Day work only, Monday to Friday.
Responsibilities of the Class 2 HGV Driver
- Main responsibility is to drive a HGV vehicles southern areas of the UK, making deliveries, product pick up, etc.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tyre pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Adhering to assigned delivery schedule and following all job directives precisely Interact with dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all task are carried out in a timely and professional manner and prepare to return home.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to pre planned routes for deliveries
- Flexible, must be prepared to do collection of freight upon return journey to yard.
- Monday to Friday. Job to finish. Typical start time ~4-6am.
- Manual labour and heavy lifting required to organise customer products for delivery from warehouse. Full training given.
Salary: £31,000.00 per year
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £31,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Wellness programme
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Yearly bonus
Work Location: On the road
Apply for this opportunity:
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your CV, covering letter and contact details to the person below.