They asked for a “Class 1” driver. Does this mean Category C1 or C+E?

It can depend, typically when someone talks about “Class 1” they’re referring to a Category C+E Class 1, articulated lorry licence.

Licence categories changed in the early 1990s to bring the U.K. into line with the rest of Europe. 

Some of the main categories include:

  • Category D1 & D1+E

  • Category C1 & C1+E

  • Category C / Rigid

  • Category C+E / Articulated

We have training courses covering all of these categories. Click the link below to view our full range of courses.

View our full range of training courses online!