An HGV driver in the UK as of February 2023 typically earns an average salary of around £38,136*[i]. However, this number can drastically change depending on many factors, such as:
- If you are driving a Class 1 or Class 2 HGV.
- The experience you have as an HGV driver.
- The type of loads that you are delivering.
- The distances and hours that you are willing to work.
- If you have additional entitlements such as ADR.
These are just some of the varying factors that can affect how much you earn as an HGV driver, with many more that can be named. However, with increasing demand and an increase in salaries for HGV drivers, some companies have been seen to offer up to £60,000*[ii] a year for HGV Class 1 drivers.
*All figures accurate at the time of publishing