2 Start’s Forklift Truck Training Instructors are qualified to teach and examine on a staggering 22 industrial groups; encompassing all manner of machines from pedestrian pallet trucks, all the way through to telescopic masted rough terrain trucks.
Forklift training courses are all conducted under our accrediting body; ITSSAR (the Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register). Being a part of ITSSAR ensures only the highest quality of training and testing; and helps us to ensure that you have everything you need before you go to work.
Courses vary in length depending on experience of the student and culminate in the completion of a practical test on the last day – all of which you’ll practice thoroughly for during the course. On successful completion of the course, you’ll be issued with a certificate and Photo ID card (showing the categories of entitlement) lasting a duration of up to five years.
The course covers all aspects of regular machine operation, and will enable you to fully understand the requirements of a competent operator. All courses are run fully in line with the requirements of ITSSAR, LOLER 98 (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations), PUWER 98 (Provisions and Use of Work Equipment Regulations) and HASAWA (Health and Safety at Work Act).
The qualification will teach the candidate to:
- Identify all controls of the Machine
- Carry out routine maintenance
- Undertake pre-start checks
- Inspect vehicle and comment on serviceability
- Operate the machine safely to load and unload
- Manoeuvre in a confined space
- Operate at different working heights
- Operate under different driving conditions
Designed for those who:
- Are school leavers age
- Wish to add new skills to their portfolio
- To be identified as competent operators
- Want to promote a professional image