Are we the only ones qualified? You would expect that only trained, professional, government approved instructors with years of driving experience would be able to become LGV and PCV driving instructors (car instructors have to be ADI qualified). However, you would be wrong, any person that has held a...Read More
PCV Driver Training, Category D Bus Licence
The PCV Driver Training, (Category D Licence) is for a larger bus or coach with more than eight passenger seats which is used for hire or reward and a trailer of up to 750 kg. The PCV Training Category D Licence entitles the driver to drive any size of PCV, including single or double decker buses for hire or reward.
Typically, the PCV Driver Training course is spread over 5 days with one-to-one tuition in our vehicle. Our professional PCV Driver Training Instructors will teach you to drive confidently and safely to a high standard of driving; beyond what is required for the PCV driving test in order to give you the best chance of passing first time and being safe on the road.
The process for obtaining your PCV driving licence is as follows;
- Multiple Choice Theory test
- Hazard Perception Theory test
- Practical PCV Driver Training
- Initial CPC Theory test
- Module 4 Practical CPC test
Now this might sound like a lot to cover and it is, however 2 Start training are here to help you every step of the way.
When booking a package with us, we will book everything you need local to you. Our Silver Packages include the following:
- Medical application form (D4) provided
- Medical booked on your behalf and emailed to you with Date, Time and Location
- Licence application form (D2) provided with DVLA addressed envelope
- Access for 90 days to the Professional LGV Theory and Hazard Perception revision site
- Hazard Perception and Multiple Choice Theory Tests booked for you at your local Theory Test Centre at a convenient date and time
- 5 Day course of LGV 2 Driver Training in a Manual / Automatic gearbox vehicle and test
- Access for 90 days to the professional MOD 2 Theory Test revision site
- CPC2 Case Study Theory Test booked for you at your local Theory Test Centre at a convenient date and time
- Module 4 Practical CPC Training and test booked after you have passed CPC2 Theory Test
- Initial CPC not required (If you passed your car test before 1997) you will receive 35 hours of Periodic CPC Training
- Application form for Digital Tachograph supplied
- Job updates advertised through Website and Facebook.
Now don’t worry if you have already completed your medical and theory tests, as we also have a package suitable for you. Click here to view the PCV – Bus Training Packages.
Need a bit more security and want pass protection on your package?
You got it! Check out our Gold and Professional Packages.
Booking your course.
We have a number of ways you can book your training course.
- Book securely online below, using a credit card, debit card or PayPal
- Call the office and pay using debit and credit cards.
- If you’re a company, set up a training account with our accounts department (subject to credit check)
- Bank transfer; drop the office a line for our bank details.
- Apply for a finance package
- Or come into the office and see us.
*All Training as per our terms and conditions*
Scroll through the options to book the package that suits you best.
PCV Driver TrainingContact Us