Are we the only ones qualified? You would expect that only trained, professional, government approved instructors with years of driving experience would be able to become LGV and PCV driving instructors (car instructors have to be ADI qualified). However, you would be wrong, any person that has held a...Read More
Moffett – Lorry Mounted Forklift Truck
Drivers who hold an LGV licence can expand their skills by acquiring a Vehicle Mounted Forklift Certificate, commonly known as a Moffett Mounty.
This qualification enables drivers to carry a forklift attached to the rear of their truck which enables them to load and unload themselves.
If you already hold a forklift certificate, a conversion course is 2 days to gain the additional knowledge and skills.
On completion of training, the course members will:
- Be able to operate the truck model used in training safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers handbook and accepted good practice.
- Be able to attach the truck to a carrying vehicle and detach it form a carrying vehicle safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers handbook and instructions and the relevant road traffic legislation.
- Clearly understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads
- Be able to carry a routine pre-use inspection of the truck
- Introduction to the truck to be used
- Controls and instruments
- Starting, moving & stopping the truck
- Steering the truck
- Operation of the hydraulic controls
- Pre-use inspection and takeover maintenance
- Weight assessment
- Handling pallets/containers/bulk packs/loads associated with the industry in which the truck is operating
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Driving and operating over rough terrain
- Road vehicle loading and unloading
- Stacking and de-stacking
- Attaching truck to and detaching truck from the carrying vehicle
Certification and Validation
Candidates successfully completing this course will receive a certificate of training accredited by ITSSAR