Are we the only ones qualified? You would expect that only trained, professional, government approved instructors with years of driving experience would be able to become LGV and PCV driving instructors (car instructors have to be ADI qualified). However, you would be wrong, any person that has held a...Read More
Forklift Truck Training – 2 Start Training Ltd – Click Here
Courses within Forklift Truck Training – 2 Start Training Ltd – Click Here
Very Narrow Aisle – Operator up or Man down
Side Loader Forklift Truck Training – 2 Start Training Ltd
Powered Pallet Truck Training – Pedestrian or Rider operated
Moffett – Lorry Mounted Forklift Truck
Reach Truck Training
Rough Terrain Forklift Truck Training
Bendi (P) (Pivot Steer)
Counterbalance Forklift Truck Training
Forklift Truck Training
Driving forklift trucks requires specialised training and instruction from fully qualified trainers. This can help reduce the likelihood of accidents and improve the safety of both drivers and pedestrians. Professional forklift driver training can also reduce truck downtime, racking and product damage. To drive any forklift truck correctly it requires training in a classroom and in a hands-on environment, thus ensuring things run as smoothly as possible once the candidates have passed successfully.
2 Start Training can offer you the choice of 4 forklift training centers, 2 centers in Reading, 1 in Portsmouth and 1 in Southampton covering the Hampshire and Berkshire areas.
In addition to our training centers we offer our customers the opportunity to have their staff trained on their own premises using their own machines. This can give the students the advantage of being trained on the machine that they are going to be operating on a daily bases.
2 Start’s Forklift Truck Training Instructors are qualified to teach and examine on a staggering 22 industrial groups; encompassing all manner of machines from pedestrian pallet trucks, all the way through to telescopic masted rough terrain trucks.
Forklift training courses are all conducted under our accrediting body; ITSSAR (the Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register). Being a part of ITSSAR ensures only the highest quality of training and testing; and helps us to ensure that you have everything you need before you go to work.
Courses vary in length depending on experience of the student and culminate in the completion of a practical test on the last day – all of which you’ll practice thoroughly for during the course. On successful completion of the course, you’ll be issued with a certificate and Photo ID card (showing the categories of entitlement) lasting a duration of up to five years.
The course covers all aspects of regular machine operation, and will enable you to fully understand the requirements of a competent operator. All courses are run fully in line with the requirements of ITSSAR, LOLER 98 (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations), PUWER 98 (Provisions and Use of Work Equipment Regulations) and HASAWA (Health and Safety at Work Act).
The qualification will teach the candidate to:
- Identify all controls of the Machine
- Carry out routine maintenance
- Undertake pre-start checks
- Inspect vehicle and comment on serviceability
- Operate the machine safely to load and unload
- Manoeuvre in a confined space
- Operate at different working heights
- Operate under different driving conditions
Designed for those who:
- Are school leavers age
- Wish to add new skills to their portfolio
- To be identified as competent operators
- Want to promote a professional image
So, If you want to train to operate Plant Machinery, big or small – Call the Team Today – 02392 123555
Meet the Team:
Full List of Plant Machinery.
- A1 – Powered Pallet Truck (Pedestrian low level)
- A2 – Powered Pallet Truck (Ride on Pedestrian low level) LLOP – Low Level Order Picker
- A3 – Powered Pallet Truck
- A4 – Powered Pallet Truck (High Lift Platform)
- A5 – Powered Pallet Stacker
- A6 – Powered Pallet Straddle
- A7 – Powered Pallet Reach
- B1 – Counterbalance (up to and including 5 tonnes)
- B2 – Counterbalance (between 5 and 15 tonnes)
- B3 – Counterbalance (above 15 tonnes)
- C2 – Sideloader
- D1 – Reach Truck
- M – Multi-Directional Forklift Truck
- E2 – Medium Lift Order Picker
- E3 – High lift Order Picker
- VNA F1 – Very Narrow Aisle (Man Down)
- VNA F2 – Very Narrow Aisle (Man Up)
- J1 – Fixed Mast Rough Terrain Forklift
- J2 – Telescopic Rough Terrain Forklift (up to nine meter boom)
- J3 – Telescopic Rough Terrain Forklift (above nine meter boom)
- P – Pivot Steer Forklift
- T – Lorry Mounted Forklift (Transportable)
- LMC – Lorry Mounted Crane
– We are also able to teach “familiarization” courses tailored to your needs; such as Forklift refueling procedures, the correct use of personnel carriers, attachments such as buckets and clamps, other machine specific courses. – Call the office to enquire! – 02392 123555