The Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme provides financial assistance to active serving personnel and service leavers of the Armed Forces. Financial assistance in the form of an upfront payment for a maximum of 3 separate financial years is available to pay for higher level learning. Courses must be level three or above on the National Qualification Framework (NFQ) in the UK, Wales and Northern Ireland or a level 6 or higher on the Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework (SCQF)
All Service Personnel (SP) currently in service will be auto-enrolled to be eligible for both schemes, as will future Service Personnel on completion of Phase 1 training.
2 Start are an approved learning provider of the ELCAS and we can help you to prepare for life in civilian employment by enabling you to obtain a nationally recognised qualification in preparation for a new career outside the Armed Forces.
You can claim up to £1000.00 per financial year if you have accumulated 6 years* of eligible service.
*Please note that from April 2017, the qualifying service required for lower tier payments increased from 4 to 6 years. SP who have already accumulated 4 years qualifying service before 1 April 2017 will keep their entitlement to use lower tier payments
You can claim up to £2000.00 per financial year if you have accumulated 8 years or more of eligible service.
A new ELC payment has been created which is a single payment of up to £3000 for those with 6 or more years of qualifying service completed on or after 1 Apr 2016, which will count as all 3 payments.
Personnel leaving after 1 April 2016, access will be reduced to 5 years.
Those who left between 1 April 2011 and 31 March 2016 (both dates inclusive) will have until 31 March 2021 to use ELC.
Anyone who left before 1 April 2011 will retain 10 years of post-service access.
If you were wounded, injured or sick (WIS) or Medically discharged before reaching the four-year eligible service then you may still be eligible to claim ELC’s.
You can claim up to £1000 (Lower Tier) or £2000.00 (Higher Tier) 3 times per financial year (31st March-1st April) towards qualifying courses. ELC’s can be used for up to 80% of a course, you have to cover the remaining 20% yourself.
ELC’s cannot be used towards travel, subsistence, accommodation, meals, equipment or course materials or where additional fees apply.
Please note that the following information must be submitted with your claim by either post/electronic (Members Area) to your Single Service Representative a minimum of 25 working days prior to your course start date/registration date.
All sections of the form have to be completed prior to submission, incomplete forms will be returned.
Part 1 – Your personal details (completed by you)
Part 2 – Requested activity (completed by 2 Start Ltd)
Part 3 – Individual Declarations (completed by you)
Part 4 – Authorisation by your line manager (only to be completed for serving personnel) this can remain blank if you have left the forces
Part 5 – Authorisation by Education staff – on successful application approval you will be issued with an ELC CAN authorisation note, this will need to be emailed to Daisy Udy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this stage you will need to be ready to pay your 20% course contribution. Once the personal contribution has been made, 2 Start Ltd will issue you with your course joining instructions.
Form of agreement for civilian work attachment or external training for a member of the Armed Forces.
This form will release in advance a maximum of 80% of your £534 IRTC grant or 80% of the course fees, whichever is the lesser of the sum
Attendance at CWA/CTA confirmation and claim form. This form is to be used on completion of a civilian work attachment or undertaking external training in order to claim a refund of fees under the IRTC Scheme.
This form will enable you to claim back the other 20% on finishing your training courses; you will need a stamp and signature from the training provider along with a proof of payment receipt.
Read more about ELCAS in our brochure, click the link to download.
© 2 START LIMITED 2021
Registered Address: Unit 4 Shawcross Industrial Park, Ackworth Road, Hilsea, Portsmouth, England, PO3 5HU | Company Number: 06752547
Website by Eldo™