02392 123 555

Car & Trailer B+E Training Courses



Using our Car + Trailer:

Number of Hours Training:

Inclusive Of The 3a & 3b Driving Tests:

Full reversing exercise taught:

Coupling exercise taught:

Suitable for students with some experience:

Suitable for novice students:

Suitable for competent drivers:

Car & Trailer: Coupling & Uncoupling & reversing exercise

Here at 2 Start Training, we believe in providing our students with the highest quality of training in order to pass their test and completing one of our Car & Trailer B+E Training courses will give you the skills and knowledge that you need to pass your test. This video will help you to get an understanding of the coupling and uncoupling procedure that you will be required to demonstrate in your DVSA test.

This video will walk you through the B+E reversing exercise and will give you a step by step guide on how to complete this manoeuvre properly, and what it would look like when completing your Car & Trailer B+E Training at 2 Start.

What trailer can you tow with your licence?

There are a number of different entitlements to what you can and what you can’t tow which makes it difficult to know exactly what you can/can’t tow with your licence. The different licence entitlements and what they enable you to driver will be set out below.


To tow larger trailers you will need the following licences:

Category C1+E

Achieving a category C1 entitlement will allow you to drive any vehicles with a MAM between 3,500kgs & 7,500kgs, with a trailer up to 750kg.

If you want to tow a trailer over 750kgs, the next step from achieving your C1 licence is to obtain your C1+E which will allow you to drive any C1 category vehicles with a trailer over 750kgs. However, the combined MAM of the vehicle and trailer can’t be over 12,000kgs.

Categories C & C+E

Once you have got your CAT C licence, you are entitled to drive vehicles over 3,500kgs with a trailer that has a MAM of up to 750kgs.

Achieving your CAT C+E licence will first require you to obtain your CAT C licence. The C+E licence will allow you to tow any trailer.

Category D+E

If you hold a Category D licence this means you can drive any bus that has more than 8 passenger seats with a trailer up to 750kgs.

A Category D+E licence will allow you to drive any Category D vehicles with a trailer over 750kgs.

Category D1+E

If you take a D1 course, you will work towards passing your minibus licence, which will allow you to drive vehicles with:

  • 16 passenger seats or less.
  • Minimum length of 5 metres.
  • A trailer up to 750kgs.

A Category D1+E licence will enable you to drive D1 Category vehicles with a trailer that has a MAM of over 750kgs. Although, similar to the C1+E licence the combined MAM of the vehicle and trailer cannot be over 12,000kgs.

Price Match Promise

We are confident that our prices are competitive. But in the unlikely event that you receive a lower quotation from another company for the same training, we will match it. What’s more, you can be sure we won’t be compromising on training content or quality.

With our Price Match Promise you can choose 2 Start Ltd with complete confidence.