C1 driver training & how to gain your licence

C1 driver training and how to gain your licence

To gain your C1 licence, you will need to complete C1 driver training to learn the skills and knowledge needed to pass your test. To be able to legally drive a C1 category vehicle, you will need to gain your 7.5-ton licence.

The amount of training you need will depend upon your current experience and confidence levels when driving a C1 vehicle. The cost for your training course can be expensive, which is why it is important to choose the correct course for you and your individual requirements. Here at 2 Start Training, we have a range of C1 driver training courses, all of which cater to different ability and confidence levels, meaning we will have the right course for you.


What is C1 driver training?

C1 driver training will allow anyone who completes it and who successfully passes their test to drive any C1 category vehicle. A C1 category vehicle is classified as a vehicle that has a MAM between 3,500kgs and 7,500kgs with a trailer up to 750kgs.

A C1 training course will teach you all the skills and techniques needed to safely operate a vehicle with a MAM of up to 7,500kgs and will teach you everything you need to pass your practical driving test. Those who successfully complete and pass their course will legally be able to drive a C1 category vehicle.

Who needs C1 training?

A C1 training course is required by those students who do not hold the C1 category on their licence. It may be possible that you already hold a C1 entitlement on your licence if you passed your Category B (car) driving test before 1st January 1997, this is called grandfather rights.

Those who passed their car driving test after 1st January 1997, will be required to complete a C1 driver training course.

What do I need to start my training?

To start your C1 course, you need to be 18 years of age or older and you need to hold a full Category B driving licence. Before beginning your 7.5-tonne course, you will need to complete a driver medical, the same medical that you will need to complete to drive any HGV category vehicle. Your medical can be completed by either your local GP or a private doctor, and as part of our service, we can book your medical for you locally and conveniently.

Your medical will include a discussion on your medical history and any conditions you have that can affect your driving. There is then a physical examination which includes an eyesight check.

Once you have passed your medical, you will then need to complete a D2 form, which is how you apply for your provisional C1 licence. Obtaining your provisional licence is the last step to complete before you can get behind the wheel and complete your C1 training.

What C1 courses do we offer?

Here at 2 Start Training, we have a variety of C1 courses on offer. We believe in giving our students the best experience possible, which is why we have a number of different courses, all of which cater for different needs and requirements. We will have the ideal course for you, we are even giving you the ability to design your ideal course with our fully customisable build your own C1 packages.

All of our C1 courses vary in length, depending on how much driver training you need, with those less confident requiring a longer course.

How much does C1 training cost?

The cost of our C1 courses varies depending upon which one you decide to complete with the longer the course, the more it will cost. Our longer courses, such as our Gold Package, will give you more time to practice on-the-road driving and your reversing manoeuvres, giving your extra time to prepare for your test.

Additionally, both our C1 Gold & Ultimate Packages include retests should you be unsuccessful on your first attempt.

Why should you gain your C1 licence?

Gaining your C1 licence will allow you to drive a wider selection of vehicles and will therefore increase your job opportunities, allowing you to drive vehicles such as ambulances.

c1 and e silver package

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *